Gibblers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The day my neck met a knife...

Bye bye goiter. Bye bye emptiness. Hello, happiness. Guess I'm gonna live. Surgery certainly does provide an altered perspective of the world. It just feels like a drug perspective, tho'...like something that will fade. And there be no big epiphanies, at least for me. I wuz kinda hoping I'd get some anesthesia-induced chance to have a beer with God in some celestial bar, but no dice. If anything, if there must be a lesson, I guess it wuz just reassuring that I had competent (as far as I know) and kind people all along the way--family, friends, medical professionals--carrying my body thru this experience. And tho' I currently look like someone came up behind me and slashed my throat...life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home