Gibblers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Best and the Worst Movies of 2007

I saw over 80 movies at the theater and on DVD in 2007, and I guess it's not hard to see what got me excited. There wuz a whole lotta blood spilled in six of my ten faves, and my number one flick introduced us to the coldest killer since Hannibal Lecter...

TXB's Top Ten:

10. Death Sentence
9. Stardust
8. I Am Legend
7. Bridge to Terabithia
6. Beowulf
5. 1408
4. Shooter
3. Grindhouse
2. 300
1. No Country for Old Men

Meanwhile, brother Gary continues to go his own way and demands, as always, a place or two for horror films on his list...even if it means recognizing what seemed to me to be pretty sub par sequels. And speaking of sequels: in what Bizarro world does Gary have "Spider-Man 3" on his best list and I don't? Ah well...

G-Money's Top Ten:

10. The Hills Have Eyes II
9. Bridge to Terabithia
8. Superbad
7. Resident Evil: Extinction
6. Spiderman 3
5. Transformers
4. The Bourne Ultimatum
3. Death Sentence
2. 300
1. Live Free or Die Hard

The thing about seeing 80-something movies in one year is that yer gonna see a whole lot of bad ones. It wuz a particularly bad year for women in jeopardy in film. But hey, I did it to myself. Everyone knew damn well that Lindsey Lohan weren't gonna get nekked in I Know Who Killed Me, so why in hell did I rent it?

TXB's Worst Ten:

10. Fay Grim
9. Next
8. Hostel 2
7. Wrong Turn 2
6. Blades of Glory
5. Shoot'em Up
4. I'm Not There
3. The Return
2. I Know Who Killed Me
1. Ocean's 13

Darn that Gary. He once again puts one of my best movies on his worst list!

G-Money's Worst Ten:

10. The Number 23
9. Rush Hour 3
8. Hannibal Rising
7. Eastern Promises
6. Hoax
5. Bug
4. Zodiac
3. The Messengers
2. Grindhouse
1. Hot Fuzz

8 Comments:

Blogger Gerry said...

Are you busy tommorow evening?

9:27 AM  
Blogger TXB said...

Saturday? I'll prolly just be screening a couple of movies for "Pop Corn," but yer welcome to watch'em with me if you want.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Gerry said...

What about, instead of screening movies, can we participate in the lindsey lohan gang bang?

1:17 PM  
Blogger dan said...

Count me in too, as long as Paris and Britney shows up too. We all can make our own movie and then post on the internet. Britney may not be in the best of mood right now because of all the recent events, but a little coke will loosen her right up.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Well, afore I comment further, lemme say that Melissa and I have been lame-o's this cinematic year. We did see Superbad and Juno. But, here wid TXB's ravin' all over No Country, we'll jump on it.
Also, what is Death Sentence? I think there are a few flicks in bad and good lists that I don't even know by name. Damnit. Damnit.

3:13 PM  
Blogger TXB said...

"Death Sentence" is based on, I think, the novel "Death Wish"...a title the Charlie Bronson flick used, but I think that movie wuz based on a different novel by the same author (or something). Anyway, it's a revenge thriller of the most visceral kind, starring Kevin Bacon, Kelly Preston, and Aisha Tyler. Oh, and STL boy, John Goodman, as a total badass with Coke bottle glasses. Aw yeah.

10:21 AM  
Blogger dan said...

1408 is definitely one of the top thrillers in 2007. I'm still feeling chills from the 14th floor.

5:11 PM  
Blogger TXB said...

Yeah, it was a decent year for movies made from Stephen King works ("1408" was an S.K. story). I saw "The Mist" recently, and while it wasn't abosolutely genius filmmaking, it wuz pretty good as a kind of "Twilight Zone" sorta movie.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home