Gibblers

Friday, May 30, 2008

The Clown Prince of Crime

"You see, to them, you're just a freak...like me."
Can someone tell me why I'm totally psyched to see The Joker in the upcoming "Dark Knight" flick, but pretty meh about the Caped Crusader himself? I'm even envisioning future DVD viewings where I just fast forward to all the Joker parts and watch them over and over again. I guess it's just the idea of Batman as a big fucking rich guy that bothers me. And this is in a summer where we've already had Iron Man the big fucking rich guy hero, too. But the comic books never emphasized all that gaudy rich guy bullshit with Batman...in fact, it seemed like a joke...some lame, but effective mask to hide behind (wealth) while on the streets he wuz taking down assholes with primitive equipment like "bat-erangs" (in "The Dark Knight Returns," they were razor tipped) and smoke bombs. Now we got this yuk yuk bullshit in the one of the commercials about how Bruce is gonna take the Lamborghini out for a spin. Right...because we needed another ponce like James Bond tooling around the silver screen. Meanwhile, every fucking frame that I've seen of Heath Ledger's Joker seems fascinating and just totally kickass. I think this is like when Milton made Satan more interesting the God. Sure, Satan's still gonna get his ass whupped by the end of the movie, but he's gonna be a fuck of a lot more entertaining than some rich douche bag in tights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home