Gibblers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Why We Fight To See Comic Book Movies

I wuz pleasantly surprised, but "Captain America: The First Avenger" kinda kicked ass. They did something really crazy with this superhero flick and wrote a decent script. Chris Evans is still kickin' ass after fine turns as the Human Torch in the "Fantastic Four" flicks and the heroic everyman with a phone in "Cellular." And Tommy Lee Jones...hey, dude, both my grandparents are dead, so will you be my new grandpa? I would've made the Red Skull's skull a darker shade of red and, as my buddy Scott pointed out, it looked a bit too much like The Mask. But all in all, this were a rousing, old fashioned adventure flick...with the best post-credit teaser so far in these films leading up to "The Avengers." There's a nice wink to the comic book fans regarding the Avengers' rallying cry in that teaser...oh, and, just sayin': it makes "The Dark Knight Rises" look like BULLSHIT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home