Gibblers

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Osteen Has Trimmed the Mullet!


Hard to tell from this picture, but I saw him on T.V. this weekend and my boy had certainly been to the barber. Hopefully, the strength of Osteen's eternal happiness and awesome preaching wuz not in his hair. Also, here's the J.O. teaching of the week: we should be loyal to our family, even if they're total shitheads. Not that anyone in my family is a shithead, so it's easy for me to be loyal. But if you have real deusch bags in your bloodline, it's hard to imagine following the teachings of Osteen unless you too have a magical mullet that always makes you happy. But you should follow his teachings! And we gibblers should go see him when he comes to St. Louis in March.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Well, what's his big deal? He preaches humility? (I wonder...the nice suits...the big-azz cool church). He does the turn the other cheek deal? In other words, y'know, the JESUS stuff? How's he diff'nt from the others?
He's gotta be better than Robertson, a couple others. I saw one of them the other day, and wondered to myself...has Pat R. EVER spent a whole show just telling us that Jesus loves us? Instead of his political, angry shite? Of course, he prolly never has. Here's hoping the Big O does.

4:19 PM  
Blogger TXB said...

Yes, Osteen is much more about positivity than the rest. I'll bet you'd be hard pressed to find the words "sin" or "hell" in most or all of his sermons (at least the ones they show on T.V.). I liken him more to such "positive thinking" types as Tony Robinson. And really...just watching the guy, you really get a sense that he's either very, very happy...or is so completely deluded that he's fooled himself into thinking he's really happy.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home