Gibblers

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Idiocracy

So recently some clown known as a critic axed whether "Borat" is the funniest comedy of all time. Short answer: negatory. Not even close. I'd put it more in the running for the unfunniest comedy, but apparently I'm in the minority. As for funniest comedy ever, one should at least consider the largely unknown "Idiocracy" a strong contender. Here are some quotes...(cue movie trailer voice guy)...in a world five hundred years in the future, when everyone's gotten a whole lot dumber:

Carl's Jr. Computer: Enjoy your EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES!

Woman at Carl's Jr.: You didn't give me no fries, I got an empty box.

Carl's Jr. Computer: Would you like another EXTRA BIG ASS FRIES?

Woman at Carl's Jr.: I said I didn't get any!

Carl's Jr. Computer: Thank you! Your account has been charged. Your balance is zero. Please come back when you can afford to make a purchase.

Woman at Carl's Jr.: What? NO!

[She hits the machine. An alarm goes off, and a sign appears on the computer saying "Carl's Jr. Frowns Upon Vandalism."]

Carl's Jr. Computer: I'm sorry you're having trouble. I'm sorry you're having trouble.

Woman at Carl's Jr.: My kids are starvin'!

Carl's Jr. Computer: [the woman kicks the computer, and it sprays a chloroform-like substance in her face, knocking her out] This should help you calm down. Please come back when you can afford to make a purchase. Your kids are starving. Carl's Jr. believes that no child should go hungry. You are an unfit mother. Your children will be placed in the custody of Carl's Jr. Carl's Jr..."Fuck You, I'm Eating."

And here's a cigarette ad of the future:

[Billboard Ad]: If you don't smoke Tarryltons... Fuck You!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

O, the humanity! O, the coincidence. Our neighbor, Eric, was raving o' this movie, and just t'other day loaned us a disk/copy of it he made. But, alas, it didn't play. He'll try again.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home