Gibblers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

This Week in TV



I follow the entertainment gossip somewhat (certainly not to the extent of my colleague TXB) and I'm a little bummed that Mandy Patinkin has decided to vamoose from Criminal Minds, leaving behind a modestly compelling show and an extremely boinkable co-star. But rumor has it that the Crestor spokesman, who sometimes works under the name J.D. Kolnick, already has other irons in the fire. According to an unnamed source, Patinkin has signed a three season contract for a re-make of of the popular British TV series The Persuaders!, with Grey's Anatomy's Isaiah Washington set to co-star. "Mandy will play the updated Roger Moore part," says the source, "Isaiah will be Tony Curtis." He then clarified: "Isaiah will not be Tony Curtis from Some Like It Hot, although he has the utmost respect for cross dressers and one of his dearest friends is a tranny." The biggest change from the old show to the new is that it will be set inside a Reformed Jewish detoxification facility in Skokie, IL instead of various European playboy haunts. "I'm really excited to be starring in a remake of such a popular show, but I think the whole Skokie thing is overdoing it," admits Patinkin. "And they promised me Fred Thompson and now all of the sudden he's unavailable. I don't know if I can work under these conditions."

3 Comments:

Blogger huntress said...

I am SOOOO upset that Mandy is leaving Criminal Minds - I love him!!!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger TXB said...

Perhaps Mandy were miffed that he used to be on an awesome show like "Dead Like Me" and then got on a show where every single episode showed great promise but then almost always collapsed in an anticlimactic spasm that could only be meant to say, "The writers on this show need to clean out their crack pipes." Or, y'know, maybe he just wanted more money...

10:19 AM  
Blogger Carroll Garten said...

Check out this link for the latest Patinkin news.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home