Gibblers

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

"Send in the clown...uh, I mean 'The Closer'"


"Jesus...you're hot, but you're not on fire.
Call off the fire engine red, sweety!"












******************I know how to get a reaction from the gibblers (at least one of them). I'll just rip on "The Closer." Heh. Actually, I've started to like the show. Caught about 8 or 9 hours of that marathon a couple of weeks back, and now I'm watching the new season. Only one thing has been bugging the shit out of me, and I wuz gonna blog about it recently but never got around to it. Anyway, here's the thing: Kyra Sedgwick's lipstick. What the fuck?! For some women, bright red lipstick works. I don't know how, and I don't know for whom. I'm sure it works for a lot of whores. Prolly even a good deal of non-whores. Worked for The Joker and that Buffalo Bill dude in "Silence of the Lambs," that's for damn sure! And I'm the last guy usually to notice such cosmetics details, but the bright red lipstick made Anne Hathaway look ghastly in "The Devil Wears Prada," and it makes Miss Sedgwick's mouth look completely fucking ri-donk-ulous on "The Closer." Anyhoo, I guess a lot of fans thought so, too, because the show's writers actually wrote a scathing critique of Deputy Police Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson's clown makeup fetish into the most recent episode via a plastic surgeon character. And apparently we're gonna switch to a darker, more brownish-red kinda lipstick from now on. Thank Christ. Now if only Brenda's bland, doormatty boyfriend could just get killed in a drive-by or a Mongolian clusterfuck gone wrong, "The Closer" would be pert near perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home