Gibblers

Monday, August 20, 2007

Just For Openers...

The thing that clinches any TV show for me is the opening credits, particularly the music. When I was just a little boy, I used to stand in front of a three way mirror so I could pretend I was a member of the cast of my all time favorite show.

Click here to view what is, arguably, the best opening credits sequence of all time.

I don't particularly care for the openers of any of the shows that are on today. I want something rousing and epic-like.

I should also note that I am envious of anyone who can keep up with the good stuff that's on today, especially on premium cable, which I no longer have. I miss Entourage. Thatnk God Huff was cancelled, or I'd be missing that too. I still catch the watered down Sopranos on USA or TNT or whatever it is. I also force myself to be very selective with what I keep watching because if I didn't I'd never leave the boob tube except to blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger TXB said...

I'm totally a sucker for a good opening title credits song. "Boston Legal" has a good one, and they sometimes play with it by having a character say "cue the music." Last season, a character went on about how he had this little tune in his head, and then he started humming--well, making guitar sounds with his mouth in some fashion--to the tune of the opening credits, which kicked in a little bit later. And they kept cutting back to the dude belting out the tune with just his mouth during the credits. Classic.

7:32 AM  
Blogger dan said...

Dallas definitely comes to mind.
Also, the Dukes of Hazzard, the Brady Bunch, the Love Boat and the
Facts of Life. Call me stuck in the 80's.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home