Gibblers

Monday, June 30, 2008

The British Add a Little Something Extra to Their Swearing, Don't They?

My DVD pick o' the moment goes to In Bruges, with Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, and Ralph Fiennes. It features a level of artfully excessive cursing that hasn't been seen since HBO's Deadwood got the axe. Here's a sample:

Ken: Harry, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.

Harry: [furious] Leave my kids fucking out of it! What have they done? You fucking retract that bit about my cunt fucking kids!

Ken: I retract that bit about your cunt fucking kids.

Harry: Insult my fucking kids? That's going overboard, mate!

Ken: I retracted it, didn't I? [pauses] Still leaves you being a cunt.

Harry: Yeah, I fucking got that.

1 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

The word 'bloody' just doesn't cut it anymore. It's like saying 'groovy' or 'far out, man'
in the 21st century. 'Cunt' sounds
so much more two thousands.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home