Gibblers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Black Swoon

Black Swan isn't so much a character study as a nervous breakdown--taking place over what appears to be weeks or months in the life of a ballerina named Nina Sayers (Natalie Portman). That can't possibly be for everyone, and I heard some groans from the oldsters when the credits went up at Plaza Frontenac. I'm surprised they made it that long, what with the lesbian and masturbation scenes (which were, by the way, awesome). I dunno...maybe they were just pissed about the ending, which may be flawed but is one of those things that seems to make sense if you ponder it for a while afterwards. Anyway, the movie kicks ass, and if NP doesn't get an Oscar Nom for Best Actress, then the Academy Awards can suck it. A word of warning, tho': you'd better file down your nails like Nina does compulsively or you'll be biting them throughout the film. This is freak deaky stuff, kids...and it ain't pleasant.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Hey Tim,
Nice review. I ain't seen it yet.

Hey, I jumped onto the twitter the other day. It's actually really cool. Perfect for your obtuse yet observant blasts. Do it, dude dammit darn it!
Rick

4:02 PM  
Blogger TXB said...

No, I cannot abide Twitter. Even tho', as the lord god tim boehme, I certainly deserve a loyal following of kool aid-drinking, purple jumpsuit & sneaker-wearering lunatics...it is not in my nature to solicit such adoration. And without rigorous self-promotion, I'm not sure how a non-celeb attains more followers than, say, a gibblers blog. Above all, it cannot be revealed to the world that Ashton Kutcher has more disciples than the lord god tim boehme!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home