Gibblers

Friday, March 16, 2007

Thanx 4 Linx

I'm sure I speak for all the Gibblerians when I say "thanks" to Jenn for the Dawkins link. I hear his latest book is quite strident. But, I suppose, if he says there's no God, and he writes a book about it, it's gonna be pretty...certain of itself. No harm in that.
I've tuned into some of the vids from the link.

And on the question of "Well...is there a God? Huh? Huh? Tell me, quick! Before I die!", Sam Harris and Andrew Sullivan have been having a yak-fest on beliefnet.com. Harris' latest book is Letter to a Christian Nation. He's speaking "against faith," or for a secular nation, etc. Sullivan, a gay Catholic Republican, is a believer, and speaks "pro" for faith. A nutshell, and likely not wholly accurate, but that's the gist.

Also, Sam Harris did a debate with Reza Aslan on CSPAN. Very cool stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger TXB said...

Saw the debate. It were cool. In fact, I wuz watching that on CSPAN when the new Year rang in. Scott Siler was there, too. Or maybe it was just my imaginary friend version of Scott Siler. As for God...well, I saw He's only good if you get some good out of Him. If you can do without Him, I think you'll be okay. Oh, and Bill Maher is doing a documentary on religion which should answer all your questions. He said on Larry King, "It might be called 'Religion is Stupid,' but I don't want to give away the ending.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home