Gibblers

Thursday, July 03, 2008

And the gas price will be 6 or 7 dollars next summer

So the following is a cut and paste e-mail from a former carpool mate of mine. Even though she lives only three miles from my house- she refused to be in my carpool because my work was six miles from hers. Now, she will not take a guy from my current carpool because he works more than one mile from her work- and she thinks that he will walk two miles for her- everday. How do I answer an idiot like this?

I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM HIM. THANKS.

Ali Dagenhart
Cad Operator

From: Gerry Becker [mailto:gerry@newcocoffee.com] Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 9:18 AMTo: Dagenhart, AliceSubject: RE: CARPOOL...
1.6 miles from your work. If you dropped him off at McDonnell and Campus Pkwy them it would be exactly one mile. I might get back with you if we find that more people will join my carpool- this could happen during the next couple weeks. His work hours are very flexible so I assume that would not be a problem.
-----Original Message-----From: Dagenhart, AliceSent: Monday, June 30, 2008 8:38 AMTo: Gerry BeckerSubject: RE: CARPOOL...
GERRY,
GIVE HIM MY E-MAIL...I'LL SEE WHAT HOURS HE WORKS AND EXACTLY HOW FAR AWAY HE IS, ETC.
THANKS.
Ali Dagenhart
Cad Operator
From: Gerry Becker [mailto:gerry@newcocoffee.com] Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 8:26 AMTo: Dagenhart, AliceSubject: RE: CARPOOL...
This might sound like a joke- so I am being serious here- but I think he might be willing to walk that far. Would you be interested in that?
-----Original Message-----From: Dagenhart, AliceSent: Friday, June 27, 2008 7:03 AMTo: gerry@newcocoffee.comSubject: CARPOOL...
SORRY, I DON'T THINK HE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR. WE WANT SOMEONE IN THE CAMPUS PARKWAY AREA...THANKS ANYWAY.
Ali Dagenhart
Cad Operator

3 Comments:

Blogger TXB said...

So is Ali's refusal to carpool in a reasonable manner why gas will be six or seven bucks next summer? I'm gonna put my prognostamakashun goggles on again and say that gas is another bubble, like the dotcoms and the housing market before it, and ize a'gonna prognostamakate that we'll see two-fiddy or three dolla gas again next summer. Of course, Gerry will have murdered this Ali chick by then, so she won't factor into the equation. Oh, and when we solve the world energy problem once and for all, the best thing about it is that WE WON'T HAVE TO HEAR ANOTHER GODDAMN FUCKING STORY ABOUT IT ON THE NEWS EVER AGAIN.

7:30 PM  
Blogger TXB said...

Heh. If you google "Ali Dagenhart" now, the gibblers site is the first thing that comes up. So...let's just say I wuz kidding about Gerry murdering her. Yeah...let's just say that.

8:17 PM  
Blogger dan said...

Install a bike rack in back of the vehicle used for the carpool. Then say "hey bud (or hun), my workplace is as far as I go on this ride. Beat it. Your bicycle is in the back. Come back you when you get off work."

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home