Gibblers

Monday, August 11, 2008

TXB sez, "Jump on that Pineapple Express, kiddies!"

Given the cost of movies these days and the abundance of assholes who check their goddamn cell phone for messages every five minutes or so while the movies are playing, I must be fucking insane to see a movie more than once at the theater anymore. But I just saw The Dark Knight for a third time, and I even paid the ridiculous 12 bucks to see it in IMAX (by the way, until they start filming entire movies in IMAX, it ain't worth the extra two bucks, but there were some eye-popping scenes in TDK). Of course, some asshole sitting right next to me checked his goddamn cell phone every five minutes. Because you just don't wanna miss that call from yer asshole friend who wants to tell you about the shit he just took. ANYWAY...I'm also considering seeing Pineapple Express a second time, which is pretty amazing for a movie that seemed like it could have easily waited for DVD. And no...I'm not gonna say that you just have to see this one at the theater...and yer a tool if you pay 12 bucks to see it in IMAX because none of the movie has been filmed in IMAX as far as I know. But it seemed funny as hell to me, and that's the only requirement I have for a comedy. Of course, I didn't get any sleep the night before I saw it, so maybe I wuz a bit punchy. And now I'm considering seeing it again today, but I didn't get any sleep last night. It's really rare for me to see a comedy twice at the theater, because once you know the jokes most comedies ain't gonna be half as funny again the second time around. But hey...my sleep deprived brain sez, "Go for it, dumbass! What else have you got to spend yer money on?"

2 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

That was Saul sitting next to you trying to make a transaction on that "good shit, mon." He's on the run so a dark theater is a half way decent place to hide out for an hour and 45 minutes. Has anyone seen Dale ?

3:07 PM  
Blogger TXB said...

I guess we can put to bed the idea that there aren't any great young actors these days. First we had Heath Ledger's Joker, and now we've got James Franco's Saul Silver. Two best characters of the summer!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home